Thursday 1 July 2010

I've done it!!

I've done it!! I have got my 2.1!

All day I had been thinking I would only get a 2.2. I had prepared myself for the worst so much so that I was convinced I would get a score of 57. but I didn't I got over 60 and got a 2.1 thus I got onto my MA and do not have to change or amend my plans. It was all going too well and I was expecting this to be the thing that dragged me back down.. it did not. My feelings of apprehension however are diluting as I am believing perhaps naively that is may just be uphill (in the main) from now on. Maybe I have learned the major lessons I had to and can now get on with constructing my future. I don't know but whatever happens it will be hard to top that feeling I had today when I looked at that noticeboard.

I fell back in jubilation laughing and grinning to such a large extent. My hands covering my face and a PHD student thought I was crying. I was not. I stood up and gave two thumbs up to Kevin Hickson (my personal tutor) continuing to grin and leap around in excitement I could not hold in my joy. After hearing 'has he calmed down yet, bring him in', a long talk with KH ensued in which we discussed my Dissertation score which was a 78!! a 1st the highest in the year and the highest the Head of Politics Jon Tonge had ever given. In fact the external markers had brought my mark up two points.

After a terrible first year in which I failed to achieve a single 2.1 in any module and after achieving only three 2.1's in my second year, the difference has been unreal. Exams have always been my downfall. I know what I ought do to pass them, but often I do not undertake the necessary revision methods hence suck at exams. Luckily, there are few exams in my MA so I can only build upon what I have. Is it naive at this point to be aiming for a Distinction in my Masters?

Whatever the weather, I have spent 3 years doing this I have got what I needed... and made many awesome friends in the process. Although tbh would I have swapped my life experiences for a higer grade? Would I shite! ... Love you Guys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment