Wednesday 30 June 2010

Much Love..

Today is the day I get my result (as in 2.1 or 2.2) but I am more bothered about events of this week which have been genuinely awesome. After returning from a kickass trip in London after coming back from Download festival and having partied hard with both my college and uni mates over the last few weeks I have have landed in a situation which extended my smile further.

Having already been offered a CRB Check (paid for by the college) and the opportunity of weekly classroom experience by Miss Anslow (principle of my old awesome College KGV), when being introduced to the new Head of Politics, Mr Porter ran over to shake my hand. After much love; in responce to my assertion, "you have gone up in the world. Head of Geography aye?", DP responded, "..Do you know when asked in my interview for for department head 'what had been the highlight of my teaching career?' I responded 'teaching Keith Daniel Roberts'." Miss Anslow responded "That's exactly what he said." I have ever felt euphoria like it. This feeling topped that of being applauded in the A.J. after our SOS Campaign. The following positive responces I received from tutors such as Glenn Skelhorne when asking if I could work in their classes reasserted how much I loved the College and want to teach in it. As I said to Miss Anslow when I left, "one thing that has never changed and has been a continuing characteristic of my time here, is that I always leave with a smile on my face."

I feel like I have the best family on earth! an old school propa working class family that I wouldn't change for the world. Apart from rocking more than anything else on the planet, the Oasis line 'true perfection has to be imperfect' applies to my family. There is never a dull moment and continuity is always qualified by evolving phenomena. But ultimately the connection and love that is present shall never wither.

I will soon be returning to Southport 'the gem of the scouse riviera'; my second home. This opportunity is thanks to my amazing friends who have opened a door to which I shall joyfully enter, the apprehension is that the door is revolving :/ but another friends comments come to the fore here: 'in order to be old and wise, you have to be young and stupid'. - Leah. What doesn't kill you make's you stronger. Nietzsche your words ought apply not just to me but (ironically as a German) to the English football team..

2 comments:

  1. Congrats KD! I'm sure you'll go far, and you'll have got that 2.1 you're looking for....! Let me know how you do, and keep your fingers crossed for me on 5th, when I get my results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I will Jess, you will do better than me. Overall I scraped a 2.1 you will get a decent 2.1 :D As I said to Steph today WE ARE THE MONDAY CREW AND WE ARE AWESOME :P

    ReplyDelete