Sunday 10 October 2010

Progress..




Another 40 minute run achieved and 22 more pages read; slowly but surely I am making progress. I am combating the stress of having things to do, by (ow yes) actually doing them. Sort of endorsing the dreaded target system (but self imposed realistic, yet demanding targets) which are ensuring progress. I have many things which I want to achieve and much to do in order to achieve them. A sufferer of Dylexia and Dyspraxia reading is by no means fun but I am trying to make it so. I am currently reading a book that makes the study of Philosophy seem a recreational hobby. The hardest thing is starting and if I get the most difficult stuff out of the way first everything else will be like a walk in the park... that is what I am telling myself whilst I struggle on a daily basis to get through the monotonous debris that is "Democracy & Sectarianism a political and social history of Liverpool 1868-1939". I shall however muddle through. The bullet has been bitten and I am committed to spending yet another 3 years of my life to academia.. not only that I am also considering studying an MA in Philosophy too.. I may be mad.

To add to stress, work experience is taking too long to come through (you offer your time and technicalities get in the way), I too have become Student Rep for Politics Research Students and have a Senate election to prepare for. Add to the equation demands of the RNR, Labour stuff, Juditsu, 5-a side, Duke of Edinburgh Gold, Guitar, family commitments and soon, work as a youth mentor I am a very busy bunny. So much so that my one true recreational pass time facebook has become a chore. Alas, I am even finding it difficult to make time for friends and for FF7!!. Yet, I am committed and will struggle through. I am making progress and all this hard work will pay off, and indeed, it will all be worth it :D

2 comments:

  1. It'll all be worth it when you have a big, fat, shiny DOCTOR in front of your name :D
    Although, I do sympathise and feel your pain, as I am a busy little bee, too, as you well know. We can do it!!
    Love you xxx

    P.S. Love the pic of Mr Ruddles and Banana-Soup reading the book of doom <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you updating again, KD! I'm working a lot, and planning for the USA, so I know how you feel with the busy-ness!

    Keep it real, and get in touch soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete